Are you wondering which Semrush pricing plan is the best fit for you?
This tool has a TON of features to support your SEO strategy. Weighing up the different plans can get really confusing. Well, I’m here to help.
I recently signed up for a whole year of Semrush (I went for the Pro plan). I use the tool every single day to run my freelance SEO consultancy business, plus help me grow my two blogs to over 100K visits per month.
In this guide, I’ll compare the three different Semrush pricing plans and their key features, so you can make an informed decision for your specific SEO needs.
Want to give Semrush a try right now? Here’s an exclusive 14-day free trial for my readers.
Affiliate disclaimer: I sometimes link to products and services to help cover the costs of running this blog. There’s never any extra cost to you – and I only recommend products that I’ve used personally and think are awesome. Thanks for your support! ❤️
Semrush in Brief
What exactly is Semrush and what can it do?
It’s a comprehensive digital marketing and SEO tool that enables businesses, marketers, and SEO professionals to optimize their online presence and outrank competitors.
With its extensive suite of features, Semrush provides valuable insights for keyword research, site audit, backlink analysis, and more.
And when I say “extensive”, I really mean it. This tool has a MASSIVE feature set, which gets overwhelming at times. But you can be sure that Semrush will cater for all your SEO needs.
Semrush also offers a wide range of additional tools in its AppCenter, geared towards all aspects of digital marketing beyond just SEO.
Two recently added and noteworthy tools are BuzzGuru and AdClarity.
BuzzGuru is is an all-in-one influencer marketing platform that lets you manage your entire influencer marketing campaign cycle in one place.
It’s great for tracking down specific influencers in narrow niches, forecasting the costs of an influencer marketing campaign, and gleaning detailed insights from your competition.
With BuzzGuru, you can also gather in-depth reporting and analysis on your influencer campaigns, including visualizing data and performance metrics, comparing results to your KPIs, and accessing data-based performance forecasts.
AdClarity is an essential part of your toolkit if you’re embarking on a paid ad campaign.
This handy tool delivers in-depth insights on your competitors’ display, social, and video advertising campaigns and their performance – so you can use those insights to fine-tune your own campaign.
Uncover key competitor details such as:
- Total advertising spend and share of voice
- Key performance stats—impressions, costs, views, clicks, and more
- Most popular messaging and visuals
- Most valuable publishers and traffic sources by seeing the impact they bring
Semrush Pricing at a Glance: Pro vs Guru vs Business
For easy reference, here’s a snapshot of all the Semrush pricing plans – both monthly and annually. If you choose to pay annually, you’ll get a discount of up to 17% on the monthly pricing.
Note: I decided to pay annually, mainly because I’m fed up with having so many monthly subscriptions on the go at once. But your mileage may vary.
Monthly Semrush Pricing Plans
Annual Semrush Pricing Plans
Quick Features Comparison
|Pricing Plan||Keywords tracked||No. of projects||Report results||Daily reports||Refresh metrics||Crawl pages|
|Pro||500||5||10,000||3,000||250 keywords per month||100,000 per month|
|Guru||1,500||15||30,000||5,000||1,000 keywords per month||300,000 per month|
|Business||5,000||40||50,000||10,000||5,000 keywords per month||1,000,000 per month|
In short, as you go up the plan structure, each plan includes all the features of the previous plan, and extends the limits of that plan. There are also certain features only available in the higher plans.
Next, let’s examine the different features available in each Semrush pricing plan – and discover what sort of user they’re best suited for.
#1. Semrush Pro
- Annual plan: $1299.95
- Or pay monthly: $129.95
The Semrush Pro pricing plan is an entry-level subscription designed for freelancers, startups, and in-house marketers with a limited budget. This is the one I’ve got – and I’m happy with its feature set so far.
Semrush Pro offers a comprehensive suite of SEO, PPC, and content marketing tools to help you optimize your online presence, analyze competitors, and grow your business.
Key features include the keyword magic tool, site audit, backlink analysis, rank tracking, and competitor analytics. I also like the on page SEO checker and SEO content template features – especially useful if you’re building content briefs to share with freelance writers.
The Pro plan works out as $108.33 per month (if you pay annually). Here are the key features it gives you:
- Keyword Research: Access extensive keyword data for your SEO and PPC campaigns.
- Site Audit: Identify and fix on-page and technical SEO issues.
- Backlink Analysis: Monitor and analyze your backlink profile to stay alert for toxic links.
- Rank Tracking: Track your website’s search engine rankings for targeted keywords.
- Competitor Analysis: Gain insights into your competitors’ online strategies.
- Social Media Management: Schedule and track social media posts, monitor engagement, and measure campaign effectiveness.
- Domain and Keyword Analytics: Comprehensive data on domain and keyword performance.
- On-Page SEO Checker Tool: Make sure your on-page SEO is on point with this handy tool.
- SEO Content Template: Easily build out optimized content templates to share with your freelance writers.
- Projects: Create and manage up to 5 projects.
- Reports: Generate and export custom reports.
Pros and Cons of the Pro Plan
- Affordable starting point for new SEO consultants and bloggers
- Offers sufficient limits in most areas for personal blog projects plus 2-3 clients
- Includes most of the core features you need to climb the rankings and build a profitable blog
- Several key features aren’t included in this plan: namely the cannibalization report, historical data, and the content marketing tools. While you can definitely get by without them at first, having them by your side will empower you to take your SEO to the next level.
#2. Semrush Guru
- Annual plan: $2499.95
- Or pay monthly: $249.95
The Guru pricing plan is a more advanced subscription tailored for small and medium-sized businesses, growing marketing agencies, and experienced SEO professionals.
It offers all the features of the Pro plan, along with additional tools and enhanced capabilities for in-depth analysis and data-driven marketing strategies.
Key features include content marketing platform access, historical data, branded reports, and extended limits on various tools like site audits and keyword research.
I’d recommend the Guru plan for SEO agencies, marketing firms, freelancers with more than five clients, and professional bloggers managing an extended portfolio of websites.
Fellow SEOs using the Guru plan tell me this plan delivers the most value over Pro when it comes to the content marketing tools, the historical data feature, and the keyword cannibalization report.
The Guru plan works out as $208.33 per month (if you pay upfront for an annual plan). Here are the key features it gives you:
- All features included in the Pro plan, PLUS…
- Content Marketing Platform: Access tools to analyze and optimize your content strategy.
- Historical Data: Explore trends and performance data from past years for deeper insights.
- Keyword Cannibalization Report: Improve your rankings by easily weeding out cannibalization.
- Branded Reports: Customize reports with your company’s branding for a professional touch.
- Projects: Create and manage up to 15 projects.
Pros and Cons of the Guru Plan
- Well-featured and comprehensive SEO toolkit that will cover the needs of most professional bloggers, SEO consultants and small to medium agencies.
- Allows custom branding on reports – perfect for sending to clients
- Includes extended features that will take your SEO to the next level, such as cannibalization report, historical data and content marketing toolkit.
- Can feel expensive if you’re still at a relatively early stage in your freelance SEO and/or blogging career.
#3. Semrush Business
- Annual plan: $4999.95
- Or pay monthly: $499.95
The Semrush Business pricing plan is designed for larger enterprises, e-commerce projects, and agencies requiring advanced marketing and SEO capabilities.
It includes all the features of the Guru plan, as well as exclusive tools and extended limits to accommodate the needs of more complex marketing operations.
For SEO freelancers and bloggers, the Business plan will likely be overkill. You’ll end up paying for a whole load of features that you won’t use.
The Business plan works out as $499.95 per month (if you pay annually). Here are the key features it gives you:
- All features included in the Pro and Guru plans, PLUS…
- API Access: Integrate Semrush data into your own tools or third-party applications.
- White-label Reports: Customize and brand reports with your company’s logo and colors.
- Google Data Studio Integration: Connect Semrush data with Google Data Studio for advanced reporting and visualization.
- Extended Limits: Enjoy increased limits for projects, keywords, and site audits, among other tools.
- Share of Voice metric: Measure your online visibility and compare it against your competitors.
- Product Listing Ads (PLA) Research: Analyze your competitors’ shopping ads to improve your e-commerce campaigns.
- Multi-User Management: Add multiple users to the account for better collaboration.
Pros and Cons of the Business Plan
- The ultimate SEO setup, designed for large agencies and major e-commerce projects
- Includes everything Semrush has to offer.
- Not a great fit for freelance consultants or bloggers; as would likely be overkill.
Which is the best Semrush plan for you?
For freelancers, solo bloggers, or in-house marketers on limited budgets, the Pro plan will likely be the best option. On the other hand, if you’re a professional SEO consultant or an agency with numerous clients, then the Guru plan will likely be the best fit.
Note: I chose to start on the Pro plan, as I’m only working with 2 to 3 SEO clients at the moment. But once I expand my consultancy in the future, I’ll likely upgrade to Guru.
How I use Semrush as an SEO consultant and niche site owner
These are the 6 main ways I use Semrush in my daily work:
- Doing in-depth keyword research for my own blogs and client projects.
- Finding the keyword gap between my own/clients’ sites and those of competitors..
- Auditing the health of my own site and client sites.
- Analyzing backlink profiles to a) find link opportunities and b) check for toxic links.
- Checking on-page SEO and finding ways to improve it.
- Preparing content briefs to send to freelance writers or a clients’ in-house writing team.
FAQs: Semrush Pricing
Semrush is an excellent SEO tool, but its advanced features come at a relatively high price point.
Nevertheless, you get what you pay for with Semrush. So far, I haven’t regretted making it part of my SEO arsenal.
If you’re doing SEO on a daily basis, you’ll soon find that Semrush pays for itself, both in terms of making life easier with clients and growing your own blogs to profitable levels.
Ready to try Semrush for yourself? I’ve got an exclusive 14-day free trial for you right here.